Friday, October 20, 2006

Squeeeeeee!

So the prize arrived yesterday: a lovely package of needles, yarn and a book, containing:

"One Skein" by Leigh Radford of Interweave- lots of ideas and inspiration there- all projects that only take one ball of yarn to complete, which is good because each skein of yarn I won was different-
Blue Sky Alpacas Bulky Hand Dyes in Granny Smith (a warm sage-y green)
Blue Sky Alpacas Sport Weight Alpaca in Turquoise
Frog Tree Chunky Alpaca in a greenish turquoise
Alchemy Yarns Pagoda Silk in Forest somethings (delicious deep variegated greens and browns)
Be Sweet Ribbon Ball in Pale Green (I looked it up, it's the most expensive of all of them- which makes me think I REALLY don't want to cop out and just make it into a scarf. Anyone with ideas for special projects, let me know!

Swallow Needles- 2 pairs of plastic needles- one pair green, and one turquoise, one set of 4mms and one set of 4.5mms.

It's all so gorgeous I don't know where to start in terms of which yarn to play with first. But I am going to be making at least one knitted cupcake from the pattern book.

No comments: