Thursday, December 13, 2007

So some of you may remember I mentioned the Analogue Amnesty spinning project being run by a knitting artist in the area where I teach. I took my first cassette in to be spun up last week- a tape of Mercury Music Prize songs from 1996. Back then I was wearing a lot of black T-shirts, and writing a lot of purple prose/poetry, for I was only 17 and naturally life was just one form of angst after another. No, wait, one form of angst (I didn't get a boyfriend until 2 years later). I wrote about the black t-shirts and purple writing for the Analogue Amnesty organiser, also the owner of Prick Your Finger where I dropped the tape off, the very lovely Rachael Matthews, when she asked me what colours the music made me think of, so she could include them in the resulting yarn.

She phoned me today and left a message on my answerphone. The yarn is ready. They have named it 'Ellen's Purple Poetry Phase'. But it gets better: they like it so much they are going to KEEP the design for their in-house yarn range. Including the name.

That's RIGHT people! THERE IS GOING TO BE A YARN NAMED AFTER ME!

This is quite possibly the coolest knitting thing ever to happen to me.

(And you had better believe I will be buying lots when it's ready!)

No comments: