Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Thing I Love Thursday

So, I promised you evidence that the 1970s boasted some great style today (don't worry, there's plenty more to send chills down your spine, but snark is like cayenne pepper, a little goes a long way), and here it is:

I really like this bag- it wouldn't look out of place in a lot of clothing and accessories stores today. It's a little bit country, a little bit rock 'n' roll. Mostly, though, it's quite 'boho'- it seems like something Sienna Miller would float around carrying when she's on her way to break up with Jude Law (or get together with Jude Law, or break up with him again...). I like the bead detailing, especially those big lovely beads on the handles, and the fringe is lovely. If I saw something like this in Paper Bag Princess (awesome Wellington vintage clothing store), I would seriously consider buying it.

However: 'maid in the suede'? I see what you did there, advertisers, I'm just not sure why. Also, all macrame is not good macrame, as we shall see tomorrow!

No comments: